OSX - iCloud accounts broken after update to Catalina

Yay - that was happen to me. Magically I had two iCloud accounts, both not working - and no way to delete one of them via Settings -> Internet Accounts. After a few hours of googling, debugging I got it working again. And as usual I'd like to share that solution, I think I'm not the only one with that problem ;)
Be aware, that's a bomb solution, means it will reset all internet accounts - but also unfreeze all the broken stuff:

sudo -v ; killall -9 accountsd com.apple.iCloudHelper ; defaults delete MobileMeAccounts ; mkdir ~/Library/Accounts/Backup ; mv ~/Library/Accounts/*.sqlite* ~/Library/Accounts/Backup/ ; killall -9 accountsd com.apple.iCloudHelper ; sudo reboot

So, why does that happen? Apple uses sqlite as backend for storing the informations, and sometimes this single instance get corrupted. Have fun!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Deal with corrupted messages in Apache Kafka

Hive query shows ERROR "too many counters"

Embedded Linux won't reboot - how to fix and repair